1. Who is j.Bassey?
J.Bassey is an easy going, humble, God fearing and ambitious Man. A crowned model of few titles, a choreographer, Fashion judge, and a TV/Radio presenter/Anchor
2. Tell us a little bit about yourself, your upbringing till today?
Quite interesting, I would say I was born and breaded in Nigeria from a town known as CALABAR. Came to Kenya first in 2013, went back and returned in 2014 for studies. Where I have lived till date.
2b.Do break it down for us, where do you work as a TV presenter and anchor
Destiny connections media. #Destiny TV/Radio
3. You have ventured in very lucrative careers, kindly tell us your modeling journey?
It’s been fruitful, started as a runway model, tried beauty pageant first in 2014 where I was crowned Mr. Kemu, contested for other titles afterwards which are, Mr. Trends 2015/16, Mr. Ghetto Kenya 2016/17, and Mr. Peace ambassador Kenya 2017/18. A few others then after big interest in training models specifically on beauty pageants and with the experience obtained from this events, I began receiving calls to judge pageants. And I have been loving it so far.
4. Between commercial and runway modeling, which is the IT kind of modeling for you?
: I’m a specialist on beauty pageants if I’m allow to use that term, meanwhile a few times on the runway and its fine experience, I’m open for more opportunities. Commercial modeling is every model’s wish because it’s where the big money is since we talking endorsements, advertisements, and more
5. Being on the limelight can be a lot of pressure, how is it that you have it really working for you? : Simply, never forget where you began and why you need to stay relevant, never see yourself any special than anyone else and always keep your private matters private
6. It has been around 7years since you came to Kenya, are you looking to take up Kenyan citizenship, or do you already have one?
Definitely on it.
7. I have noticed that you have been an adjudicator for several Modeling shows, do tell the audience what it takes to reach to where you are as at now.
No matter how you think you are at what you, always remember there are people who are twice better than you are. So always strive to be better tomorrow than you are today. Consistency even when results are not coming now, someday there will
8. being from an African set up do tell us, there are stereotypes on male modeling, how do you overlook that?
That’s the thing, there are stereotypes in every professions in Africa, I call them fallacies until your action proves them right but I don’t dwell on it, I concentrate on my set targets. One after the other I go
9. What would you like to tell those holding back from showbiz just because of gender?
Gender doesn’t determines the quantity of the results/achievements, will/attitude does, go for what you believe in.
10. You have had a progressively steady growing career, what are the greatest lessons you have learnt?
Patience and humility is are great virtues needed, most importantly always ensure your services are worth more than the expected reward and with time you be paid more, lost money always comes back. Create valuable relationships on your way, you will need them later on.
11. You have turned your hobby into your career which is really impressive, any other skills you would like to share with our viewers?
I’m also a really fine footballer, midfield is my favorite spot on the pitch, a good actor and a dancer too.
12. Where do you see yourself in the next 5years?
The vision is too deep to explain, but I hope to be where I can inspire/impact more people on a daily bases, where I can comfortably provide more than enough for my family and anyone who seek my help.
13. Any closing remarks?
Nothing on earth could be possible for me without God, so no matter what you do out there, no matter how difficult the situation seems, always remember there’s nothing God can’t fix. I pray a lot and I think you should too.
To find out more;
J.Bassey: IG/Twitter/Fb page: – J.Bassey Official
Simplicity is greatness.. A great personality Mr. Bassey.