At a point in time, you have been ‘ghosted’ by someone you wanted to keep in touch with or someone you thought was very interested in you and suddenly you stop hearing from them. You have probably ‘ghosted’ someone yourself.
So why do people ‘ghost’ when it is very easy to communicate to you that they are not interested anymore instead of completely disappearing and making things complicated? It does not necessarily mean that you are the reason for the ‘ghosting’. They are probably ghosting you because;
- They are probably with someone else.
- They are dealing with anxiety.
- There is probably a safety concern in the relationship.
- They are avoiding being too attached because they are not ready for a relationship.
- They probably got what they wanted.
- They are probably dealing with personal issues.
- They are emotionally immature.
If someone is ghosting you, there could be a good reason for it. If the ghosting goes on for a while, it is advisable for you not to waste your time on them either.